Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Time Is Here Tag

I recently saw one of my favourite girls to watch on YouTube, MissHollyBerries, do the Christmas Time Is Here Tag video on her vlog channel, and I thought I would do it too, but just on my blog. :) You can see Holly's video here.


What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
I don't think I can pick just one thing that is my favourite about Christmas. I love it for so many reasons! I love spending the day with my family, I love that my siblings have just finished school for the year, I love the food {I think that has to be what I look forward to most, omg}; this time of year is just a really happy time.

When you were a kid, what did you leave for Santa on Christmas Eve?
Biscuits and milk. Usually Tiny Teddy biscuits if I remember correctly. :P My Grandma also gave us some 'reindeer food' that you sprinkle on the grass outside your house for the reindeer so we did that a few times.

Do you and/or your family have any Christmas traditions?
Not really... I mean, we usually do the same thing every year but I wouldn't particularly call it a tradition.
Ever since I was very young, my siblings & I would wake up very early on Christmas Day. The one day of the year I'll wake up just before or right when the sun comes up. We'd go into each other's bedrooms and open our gifts from Santa, and then get in trouble for getting up too early and waking everyone else up with all the noise. Oops. :D We actually still wake up really early, hehe. Up until I was about 11 or 12, one of my brothers and I would make up a 'Christmas plan' where we would decide whose room we were going to open our presents in, and a strategy so that we wouldn't get caught getting up so early. {This is making me laugh just thinking about it, hahaha.}
Oh! And an actual 'tradition', would be going to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. My siblings still go with my dad every year to do that, but I haven't since I was about 14, I think, because my fiancé and I usually have something on with church, or some other commitment.

When decorating, do you go all out or just do a small amount of decorating?
I'd say a small amount. We have a Christmas tree, and a few little decorations that go around the lounge room, but that's it. When I was younger I had a little desk top Christmas tree that I would keep in my room but I don't have that anymore.

What is your favourite Christmas food?
Ohhhh... ALL OF IT. Haha. Turkey, chicken, potatoes, gravy, mmm... Yummy. I also like this ice cream pudding my Auntie sometimes makes for the kids in my family because none of us have ever liked the traditional Christmas pudding. :P It's like a raspberry ice cream with walnuts and chocolate chips. :)

What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I have a few! I love Elf, though I have to admit I don't find it quite as entertaining as I did when I was younger. I also like The Grinch, Home Alone, The Holiday and The Santa Clause.

What is your favourite Christmas song?
My all time favourite is All I Want For Christmas Is You. ♥ I love the Mariah version, but also the Justin Bieber remix {don't judge}, the Glee version and Megan Nicole's version. I also love Baby It's Cold Outside, and Deck the Rooftop {from Glee}.

What was your favourite gift you ever received?
Hmm, tough one. The first Christmas gift my fiancĂ© ever gave me was the Britney Spears Fantasy perfume, and that is now my number one favourite perfume. I feel kind of sentimental about it, so that's a memorable gift. Nothing other than that comes to mind, really. But all gifts are awesome. :)

What is your favourite Christmas memory?
I have soo many. One that always makes me laugh is when I was 11, on Christmas morning I was opening gifts in my brother's room, and I was sitting on his bed {which was on wheels}, leaning against the wall and I leaned too hard, pushed the bed away from the wall and ended up falling on the floor. :P That's just a funny memory I have. Oh, and the whole Christmas morning 'plan' thing with my brother. That just cracks me up.

Does it snow where you live?
It's summer time right now, but it doesn't snow here even in winter.

Do you own an "ugly holiday sweater"?
No, because Christmas time is summer here so I would probably melt if I put on a sweater. {Though some years have been cool enough on Christmas to wear one.}

Hot chocolate or eggnog?
Hot chocolate. But not on Christmas, because again, it's summer so I will be sipping away on an ice cold Coke, probably. ;) I don't think I've ever tried eggnog either, but I'm 99% sure I wouldn't like it.

Have you ever been kissed under a mistletoe?
Nope. Haha. I've honestly never even seen a mistletoe. :/ Do we even have them here...?

So, that's it for the tag. I hope you enjoyed reading this and I tag all of you to join in & do this tag too. Leave me a comment and let me know if you did the tag so I can check it out. :)

Merry Christmas ♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elissa, I just did this tag on my blog too. Thanks for sharing this, it was fun! I just love Christmas so much, and it's nice to share a bit about me with everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just did this tag on my blog! I've never done one of these before and it was so much fun! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete